Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sarah's Lenten Fast, Update #4

2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 says, "11 Because we know that this extraordinary day is just ahead, we pray for you all the time—pray that our God will make you fit for what he’s called you to be, pray that he’ll fill your good ideas and acts of faith with his own energy so that it all amounts to something. 12 If your life honors the name of Jesus, he will honor you. Grace is behind and through all of this, our God giving himself freely, the Master, Jesus Christ, giving himself freely."

I love the part that says "He'll fill your good ideas & acts of faith with his own energy so that it all amounts to something." There are times when I have a HUGE to-do list for my family & my mind is moving non-stop on all the things I'd love to do, but then reality sets in! The items on the to-do list take longer than expected, or something else comes up that needs my attention, or "life" happens & I'm too tired to move, or I've lost my motivation, or, or, or, or...I know I could go on & on!


So, I think that I need to hold on to these verses. There have already been occasions during this fast that I've not felt like doing anything. I have felt lost & disconnected & even discouraged, and all I've wanted to do is just sit & not do a thing. However, one of my goals & prayers during this time is for me to remove a major distraction & become more focused to take better care of what God has blessed me with...my family & my home. So, I usually start out by trying to work for about 20-30 minutes before I take a "break", and I am amazed at how much I can get done in that amount of time! Then, I feel energized & want to keep going! Before I know it, an hour or so has passed, and I have to force myself to stop so I can work on other chores for my family...what a concept...trying to balance & stay balanced!

So, it's amazing how much I've accomplished in the last 5 days while still taking care of my work duties & my normal household responsibilities...just by removing a major distraction & staying committed to what the Lord has given me! I've even had days of NO NAP so that I can accomplish my daily goal...that's definitely the Lord filling me with His own energy!!! Now, if I can just remember all this when Lent is over!!!

No comments: