Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sarah's Facebook Fast, Update #3

"I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains? No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains. He won’t let you stumble, your Guardian God won’t fall asleep." Psalm 121: 1-3 (MSG)

I'm BORED! I want & need a mindless break & would normally log onto FB but can't! I will stay committed though! I should work on something in my house (like I committed to do), but I'm tired & can't fall asleep for a nap! So, I'm feeling a little discouraged, which reminds me of something that I read earlier today.

I'm currently reading a book called "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World." The subtitle says "Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life." In the chapter I'm in, the author (Joanna Weaver) talks about the 3 Deadly D's that Satan uses in his attack of destruction: Distraction, Discouragement & Doubt. So, with that in mind, I do feel distracted & discouraged & need to get up, pray for strength from my Guardian God & do something productive!

I'm clinging to the verses above, but also to this verse: "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deutoronomy 31:8

No comments: