Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sarah's Lenten Fast, update #7

I'm in my friends house in Germany, waiting on some of our laundry to finish. The house is quiet because everyone is in bed! I'm struggling to staying awake until the laundry finishes because we need to take with us to Luxembourg a couple of items in there. All I can think about is getting on Facebook to stay awake. It's only about 5:30-6:00 p.m. in Texas, and I'm missing some of my friends. It would be so easy to see what they are doing by signing on FB!

Oh, why did I choose this year as my first year to participate in Lent?!?!

Wait! I know why...the Lord knew what I needed this year. I was crazy busy with work & preparing for this trip. If I had the distractions of FB during this time, I don't think that I would've accomplished or finished what I needed to do.

It's amazing to see how He works. I've been amazed so far during this trip to see all of what He has created. I imagine seeing the Lord sitting in a chair with a paintbrush. To see His beautiful landscapes is an amazing blessing. Or imagine the Lord sitting at a toolshop work bench with a screwdriver in His hand. Another blessing to see how He has pieced everything together!

The Lord knew what I need & what I don't need. He tugged at my heart & directed me, and I'm glad that I listened. I'm just wondering if there are other things the Lord has tried to direct me toward & did I listen? Or will I listen again & follow His tugging? I would like to think & hope that I would. However, this leading has not been easy or enjoyable to follow. But, we were never promised an easy life now...just a great, eternal life later!

No comments: