Monday, October 19, 2009

"Homemade" Lamp Project

Everyone in our family needed new bedside lamps for our rooms. I found a lamp with a shade for Colin's room for $6.50 total. Then, found new lamps for both Greg & my bedsides for $10 each. So, the hunt was on for a cute lamp for Sheridan. I found one that I really liked for $35 +tax, but didn't want to pay that much for it. So, I decided to try to make something for her.

I'm notorious for getting a "homemade" project in my head but never following through. I was determined to not let this happen!

I found a plain white lamp shade and a plain off-white lamp stand for a total of $6. So, I thought that I could paint the stand & add some beaded ribbon to the shade, and in total, spend a lot less than $35 +tax.

What do you think?



This is my first attempt to do anything like this! And I'm pretty pumped that I started & finished the project in about 24 hours from getting the idea to completion!


Sheridan loves it, I like it, but I LOVE that this project cost me just over $16 with tax (the beaded ribbon & the paint cost the most!), and SAVED me well over $20! Woo Hoo!!!!

So, now I'm wondering...what's next?!?!

No comments: