Sunday, November 23, 2008

"Making" Money

Part of my job at the church is to count money, even coins, and get it ready for depositing to our bank. Some of our ministries do different types of collections to help raise money for special projects. For example, Children's Ministry collects quarters for the Water is Basic project (go to waterisbasic.org to learn more). The Women's Ministry collects "Small Change for Big Change," and they collect all types of change and together help various women make Big Changes in their lives around the world.

Colin loves to come in my office and help me "make money," as he likes to call it. Basically, he helps me by placing the coins in our coin sorter/counter so that I can roll the coins and know the amount that we have. I think that he thinks we are "making money" because the coins go in the top all together, then are "produced" out the bottom into the appropriate containers. He gets excited about helping me and tells me that he's working too! He really is a cute, sweet boy!

No comments: