Monday, August 4, 2008

Sheridan & Colin's Houston Adventure

Sheridan and Colin are in Houston this week, spending time with their grandparents, aunt & uncle, and cousins. I know they will have a great time...provided the TROPICAL STORM or HURRICANE miss them!

Yes, that's right! We left our kids in Houston just in time for a storm to be heading their way. So they get to experience lots of wind & rain! For me, if I were down there with them, we would've left already! Tropical storms & Sarah do not mix!!!

So this Mommy has nervous knots in my stomach; and the time over today and the next day will be a test for me to not worry and to TRUST God to watch over my babies!

I heard a Third Day song this morning ("Come On Back To Me") that really helped me that I wanted to share the chorus words:

Never mind your worries
Never mind your fears
They can only take you far from me
When you feel there's nowhere
Left for you to turn
Well, I got all you want
And everything you need
Come on back to me

Isn't it GREAT that we can run to the Lord with ALL our cares and concerns. He's got all I WANT and all I NEED!

As of 10:00 this morning, the storm had weakened a little and is currently Southeast of them in the Gulf. So I'm asking God to continue to weaken the storm before it makes landfall (my want) and to be with & comfort my children during the storm (my need that I know He has covered!). And I know that He's already with me to comfort and care for me! He's with you too if you will trust and ask Him!

No comments: