Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Update from Greg

Hi all,

It's been awhile since I posted anything on here so I thought I'd dive in again.

Well, the "family project" of the play kitchen was only a family project for about 15 minutes with Colin until our resident Fixer decided he wanted to watch Bob the Builder fix stuff instead of him actually doing it. Sheridan and Sarah were out so I got the majority of it. Sheridan came back towards the end of the 3 hr task and was more than happy to help screw in some bolts to help finish it out.

I'm long overdue on a report of Sheridan's and my camping trip with the YMCA Adventure Guides. We went to Camp Simpson in south central Oklahoma in October (I think). Sheridan had a great time. We hadn't gotten a tent yet so I borrowed a two-man tent from our neighbors. Talk about feeling like the low man on the tent totem pole! We were surrounded by tent mansions! I grew up using a four-man tent, but these tents were three-bedroom tents...utilized by two people most of the time.

Anyway, Sheridan enjoyed making new friends. We carpooled up with somebody that neither of us knew, but had a good time getting to know them. Sheridan had her first experience with smores and loved them. Although she could only have one, she enjoyed helping her friends make them. Let's see....what else....Sheridan has no interest in shooting, really enjoyed the canoeing, liked throwing water on me for the new member initiation at the bonfire, enjoyed staying up late, and playing in the forest. We had a water balloon catapult contest with other "circles" (groups). Sheridan didn't want to get wet so I stuck her in the back of our group while I got out front to try to catch the incoming water balloon volleys. At the end she emerged with wet jeans from her shins on down after a balloon hit the ground in front of her. :) I just got done registering for the winter campout the 2nd weekend in February at Possom Kingdom Lake. We're looking forward to horseback riding, a boat ride, and maybe some snow!

No comments: