Thursday, October 9, 2008

LCA Chapel

One of the great things about Sheridan's school is their chapel time. Every Wednesday, from 9:00-9:30, the preschoolers through 4th grades gather in the Children's Theater at Sheridan's school for their chapel time. It is usually led by Ms. DeeDee, and the kids say the pledges to the American Flag, Christian Flag and the Bible; sing praise & worship songs; and hear a great lesson.

This week, the 2nd grade at LCA led the chapel time and gave the lesson! There are 3 2nd grade classes, and each child read a line from a script about Moses and how God used him to free the Israelites from Pharaoh (they've been studying about Moses & Joshua so far this year).

This first video is of the kids singing a girls vs. boys song. They usually can get pretty loud! However, Ms. DeeDee changed things up a bit, and I think it confused them. This is the quietest that I've heard the kids with this song. It's kind of dark in the room, so hopefully, you'll be able to see Sheridan!

This next video is part of the Moses "re-enactment" by the 2nd graders. I took Sheridan's picture with the same camera, so I didn't get video of her reading her part :-(

Sheridan was very excited about being on the stage, and very excited that we were going to be at chapel to see her and her grade (I was supposed to be at MOPS and Greg was supposed to be in bed). Sheridan & I really like this school. I love that Sheridan still wants me to be around and involved, and I love that this school encourages and allows parental involvement. I'm not looking forward to the day when Sheridan doesn't want us around, so I'm hanging on to every opportunity we have to be there for Sheridan!

No comments: